Whether you need an emergency roof repair or are planning to replace your old roof, you can’t just hire the first contractor that comes calling. Such projects are too important — not to mention, costly and typically time-consuming — to leave everything to chance. Spend some time vetting the contractors on your shortlist before making a decision.
Here are some tips to make the search a little easier:
- Ask your friends or family for recommendations, especially if they recently had some roof work done. Ask them about their experience with their contractor.
- Use the Web to look for local contractors. It’s usually more cost-effective to hire local contractors, plus you don’t run the risk of being victimized by storm chasers.
- Phone the top five on your list and get a feel of how they interact with customers.
- Ask for a copy of their license, insurance, material and workmanship warranties, and other pertinent documents.
- Choose a contractor that’s respectful and polite.
It’s always a good idea to choose a GAF Certified Weather Stopper® roofing contractor. Only 6% of all roofing contractors are certified. This is a training and certification program for steep-slope residential roofing.
Here are the benefits of hiring a GAF Certified Weather Stopper:
- The installation of your roof will always be performed by highly trained professionals who have access to GAF-developed educational materials. Certified contractors also understand the manufacturing process of the shingles they install, giving them firsthand experience and knowledge.
- GAF Weather Stopper features a 3-Part Roof Protection System that keeps your roof safe and secure through the most common roofing problems.
- You enjoy strong warranties as intended by manufacturers.
- Certified contractors undergo GAF’s Pro Field Guides and have to pass corresponding exams.
- Certified contractors have access to real-time support if they have any questions. They are also part of ongoing training programs not available to non-certified contractors.
VillWell Builders, LLC, can help you with roof repair and installation. We are a GAF Certified Weather Stopper roofing contractor. Call us today at (475) 271-1242 or use our contact form to get your project started.
The post Vetting a Contractor: GAF Certified Weather Stopper® appeared first on Villwell Builders, LLC.